Georgia Meets FLX
Georgia Meets FLX Experience
Featuring NYC's Chama Mama
Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery welcomes back Georgian wine experts, Erika Frey and Lasha Tsatava, to the 1886 Reserve Tasting Room for a one-of-a-kind experience focusing on the Rkatsiteli and Saperavi grape varieties.
Special for this event, we welcome NYC’s Georgian cuisine experts Chama Mama!
This special event brings the 8000-year history of winemaking in the country of Georgia to your table.
After arrival, Georgian wine experts Erika Frey and Lasha Tsatava will lead you through a basic understanding of Georgia as a country, its wines, and its cultures.
Following the presentation, we return to the 1886 Reserve Room where acclaimed chef and owner from NYC’s Chama Mama will present a traditional Georgian feast called a supra.
This festive mini-supra (keipi) is a traditional Georgian feast and part of the Georgian social culture. Four courses will follow paired with wines from both Georgian wineries and Dr. Konstantin Frank. Throughout the meal, our tamadas (toastmasters) will introduce toasts and stories about the food and wines.
Visit the Chama Mama website to check out examples of traditional Georgian cuisine.
- Assorted Phkali ( 4 or 5 vegetable pate )
- Assorted Georgian cheeses ( imported from Georgia )
- Freshly baked bread and freshly baked corn bread
- Assorted seasonal and fermented vegetables.
- Wild roasted mushrooms.
- Khinkali ( Georgian soup dumpling ).
- Skewers -Pork and chicken.
- Desserts – Pelamushi grape juice pudding + Churchkhela – Both are traditional Georgian desserts which are made from grape juice.
Wine List for Sunday’s Event:
- 2017 Dr. Konstantin Frank Blanc de Blanc
- 2019 Dila-o Rkatsiteli-Mtsvane Amber, Kakheti, Georgia
- 2020 Dr. Konstantin Frank Rkatsiteli, Finger Lakes, NY
- 2019 Askaneli Brothers Rkatsiteli, Kakheti, Georgia
- 2019 Dr. Konstantin Frank Amber Rkatsiteli, Finger Lakes, NY
- 2019 Orgo Rkatsiteli Amber, Kakheti, Georgia
- 2017 Château Mukhrani Saperavi Supérieur, Kartli, Georgia
- 2019 Dr. Konstantin Frank Saperavi, Finger Lakes, NY
$125 per person. Two Seatings at 11 AM and 2 PM.